> THE PARAPLUIE - INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR ARTISTIC CREATION
|In 2004, the Association ECLAT, Producer of the Festival, built the PARAPLUIE - International Center for artistic creation, research and diffusion of street theatre and first National Center of Street Arts (CNAR) totally dedicated to street theatre.
Located in the district of Naucelles and within the urban community of Aurillac, the Parapluie consists of true working spaces (specific building workshops, rehearsal studio and outdoor space for bigtops). The construction and realization of the art projects of the companies in residence is thus made possible.
With the accommodation and writing residence place of the Area of Tronquières, this place gives today to the Festival of Aurillac the means to receive and help the artists throughout the process of creation, all year round.
|> Visit of the Parapluie
The Parapluie is composed of two buildings :
- A building space (1375m²). Main building dedicated to the making of scenographic elements and rehearsals. In order to fit any kind of creation, the main space of 27x27m and 11 m high is totally empty. This place of creation is composed of :
· a central space (712m²) for rehearsals, assembling and set up of sceneries.
· a sewing and props workshop (30 m²)
· an iron and wood workshop (117 m2)
· a paint and plastic workshop (30 m2)
· a storage room for the equipment (82 m2)
· dressing rooms and toilets (70 m2).
To have the best working conditions possible, the central space and the workshops have been sound insulated. To make the access easier, it is possible to get to the workshop via a more than 5 m wide inner street , where trucks can load and unload material. All the inner spaces can be reached through three 4,20 m high panelled-doors.
- a studio (316 m²) with different spaces specialized for acting work and documentary research. It is composed of several elements :
· a space for rehearsal equipped with a dance floor (200 m2)
· a foyer, meeting room and catering space (38 m2)
· two multimedia equipped desks (25 et 13 m2)
· dressing rooms and toilets (26 m2).
Outside, 3 000 m² are built (mineralized tar and concrete area, electrical block and water point) for the setting up of big tops. This area can also be used as working space and rehearsal. The works included also roads, restoration or creation of green spaces.
The urban community of Aurillace equipped as well all the spaces : furniture, computers and office equipment, machines and tools specific for the activity of each workshop.
> CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO VISIT THE PARAPlUIE
Virtual visit of the Parapluie - International Creation Center (©Ludovic Laporte - CABA)